Quotes

As I grow, I learn and as I learn, I grow
...Towards Becoming a Beautiful Soul

Search This Blog

Thursday 18 April 2013

THE SHEIKH ON THE PODIUM...




One day, a group of Muslim young men and women organized a seminar on the topic; “Youth & Morals.”  They decided to invite one prominent Sheikh whom they knew was admired by a majority of the youth as the speaker.

On the d-day, the whole auditorium was full up with vibrant youths of Islam. The Sheikh was ushered unto the elegant podium when he arrived. After he was introduced to the audience, he was told to give his speech.

All the people gathered knew the substance this man was made of. Too intelligent at what he does. He stood up and looked quietly at the audience for a while and said;

“Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarkaatuhu my brothers and sisters!” and the whole auditorium shook with response to his greeting. He continued;

“I hear that you don’t want to seek knowledge………
  I hear that you don’t want to stop stealing……
  I hear that you don’t want to stop fighting one another uselessly….
  What is it about the drug abuse and gambling you are getting yourselves involved in……..
  I hear that you are not preventing yourselves from sexual immorality……..

Everyone sat in shock at the Sheikh. They surely didn’t expect that from him. They actually thought he was going to quote Qur’an verses and hadith and give his usual professional khutbas. This was plain and direct. He continued passionately:

“Is it true that you are becoming homosexuals all of a sudden? ………..
 Why have you decided to treat your parents badly?.............
 I hear that you don’t even want to perform your five daily prayers. How much more the nawafils, fasting and others?…
 And Oh my sisters! Why don’t you want to cover up as Allah swt recommends?..............
 How come you don’t want to share that which Allah swt has blessed you with?............

 The whole auditorium was very quiet and most of them had bowed their heads and tears fall down some of their faces.
He continued talking in an angry tone;

“How dare you try to conceal your Muslim identity just so you would be accepted by others……
Do you think Allah swt gets affected by all the bad that you have chosen to do?............
Why do you decide to put the rule of Allah and rather choose the worldly rule?.......
Don’t you know that all that Allah swt requires of you is for you to try your very best?........

He pauses suddenly and stares at the audience and then he begin to speak calmly;

“Oh Youth of Islam! These were some of the things and questions I said to myself sometime back when I found myself going against the will of my creator at my own disadvantage. Today, I count myself among those who try their best for the sake of Allah. I tell you these and I ask you those questions, hoping that one day, those of you who are not trying their best at least, will count themselves among those who try their best.

The youth and morality is all about making the relationship between you and Allah swt better. Don’t let Shaitan whisper to you. Don’t let the world over-rule your being. Remember, someday, the world will want you only in its soil, enclosed and put away from everyone’s sight because then the world will say; “You are nasty looking and smelly”.

If you set Allah swt as your only point of interest, you become resourceful to the world and to yourself. You simply have no excuse…… and then he ended his speech, prayed for them and left.

THINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNK & REFLECT & take heed…..

No comments: