Quotes

As I grow, I learn and as I learn, I grow
...Towards Becoming a Beautiful Soul

Search This Blog

Saturday 5 April 2014

HE DUST IT OFF AND FROWNED





Bismil Laahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatul Laahi wa barkaatuh

I pray that you are all doing excellent, alhamdu lil Laah. May Allah subhaanahu wa ta’aalaa continue to reward you bountifully for tirelessly reading each of my articles. May Allah favour all of us with the best of His rewards. Aameen.

Today is one of such days when the word I hear most is; ‘Death.’ Oh yes! These days, it is one of my most popular words actually. I guess you too. This article was inspired by that fact and also by some photos I saw posted by Sheikh Ahmed Nazir on facebook.

We do need to do some pondering in order to take caution. So I am coming to tell you about some encounter…

The Encounter

He was a young man full of energy. (I’m telling you a story, ok). One day, he got dressed up for work. As neat a guy as he was, he wore his black jalbab well-ironed and sleepers well-polished. Plus he added a hulla (Is it a cap they say) to it.

He went to sit in his sleek car and drove off. He parked his car at the entrance of his work place and wanted to buy something nearby. Unfortunately for him, a man carrying a pan of soil bumped into him and some of the sand poured on his jalbab.

Awwwccchhh! Just imagine that! How could he be all ‘soil’ at work? The frown on his face was enough to make the Soil Carrier’s stomach rumble.

‘Why don’t you look straight when you are walking? See what you have done to my jalbab (he starting dusting it off with his neatly ironed handkerchief). You’ve made me dirty all over.’
He said angrily.

The Soil Carrier was definitely not happy about what he had done to this young man so he apologized.

‘I am sorry my brother. I would never do that to you intentionally. Do forgive me and Allah would reward you bountifully.’

Our neat guy was touched and he regretted being angry. Of course he was a good Muslim but he doesn’t play with his neat appearance at all. He never meant to sound rude to the Soil Carrier anyway.

‘I’m so sorry for letting this get at me. I should be the one asking for forgiveness. I just don’t like getting dirty that is all. We are brothers so let’s forgive each other.’
He said regretfully.

So, they sorted themselves out and our neat guy crossed the street to the other side to get his ‘object of interest.’ Our Soil Carrier stood at a corner admiring this young Muslim gentleman and his kindness.

As our neat guy crossed the road to get to work, he was knocked down by a car. A fatal accident. Our Soil Carrier had rushed to the scene in shock and together with others, they had taken our neat guy to the hospital.

As the guy’s family and others waited, they were given the sad news: He was dead. The Soil Carrier had various thoughts going through his mind just as you would have had, had you been the one who witnessed all of that.

The Burial

So many people had come for the burial of this young man. He was indeed a good guy. Forefront was our Soil Carrier. He had asked for all the information concerning the neat guy’s burial and he had been told. He tried so much to be part of his prayers and then he made sure he was right by the grave where his friend was going to be laid finally.

The dead body was wrapped in pure white and smelling good and all ready to be lifted and buried. Our Soil Carrier had felt a little happy that his neat friend was really looking neat and smelling good just like he loved to be whilst he lived.

As they lifted him and were about to lower him into the grave, our Soil Carrier almost pulled his hands out to stop them. He was looking into the grave and wondering to himself;

‘How could they put such a neat guy in this hole that is full of soil?’

Besides, he wasn’t wearing black today; he was in pure white.

So, they did lower him into the grave and a tear had fallen off the Soil Carrier’s face. The pain came from deep within. Worse of it all, the beloved father of the deceased whose sorrow was written all over his face, had taken the shovel and fetched some soil and poured it on the deceased.

The Soil Carrier screamed within in deep sorrow. Soon everyone was rushing to pour his part of the soil and the grave was covered and everything was done and everyone left.

He Remains Behind

Our Soil Carrier still stood by the grave quietly. So many thoughts were going through his mind. So he began to talk sorrowfully to no one in particular. May be it was you and I he was talking to. What was he saying?
Oh my brother in Islam
You really loved to be neat and tidy in this Dunya
You hated to be dirty
My soil infuriated you
But you let your Islam overshadow your anger

Tears began to flow down his cheeks as he spoke. It was to him like a dream. What was Allah, our Creator, trying to tell him by making him encounter the neat Muslim brother? He continued talking.

Look at you today my brother
They had indeed kept you as neat as you would have loved to be
They bath you excellently
They perfumed you like a king
Yet… yet…yet… (He began to cry)
Yet they put you in this soil, this very dirty soil
Why didn’t you scream at them and stop them?
I wanted to do it for you but I couldn’t
And then look at what your dear father had done
He soiled your white dress with this soil
And everyone did the same
Yet, my brother!
Why didn’t you stop them?

He stood there for a while and then he did series of du’a for him and then he left. As he was walking, he said to himself;

‘I wasn’t really talking to you my brother in Islam, I was only warning myself because soon, I will be there too.’

That was an imagination of mine. Now this is reality…

Reality

So, a few weeks after my dad’s demise (may Allah shower an abundance of His abundant rahma on him, aameen), some of my siblings and I went to do ziyara at his grave. As I stood there whilst a big bro of mine prayed for him, my mind began to wonder;

‘Was this really my father who’s now in the bosom of the soil? The man who had loved to look good always?’

Then I advised myself (and indeed, advise must always begin with yourself and no one else) and I keep advising myself.

‘Rubaba, someday, you’ll be gone so use the opportunity you have now to worship Allah.’

I pray I heed to that advice and you do the same.

Are You Reflecting?

So, what would you have done had you been our neat guy who had been soiled by another? Would you have quickly thought that of course someday it is in the same soil that you will go so there is really no need to be angry? Or would you have kept screaming at the Soil Carrier like he had committed murder? Be honest with yourself and take caution.

What does this story teach you? Would you let it stay with you forever so that you will always remember where you are going? Well, I don’t need the answers; You Do! And I would definitely answer to myself as well.

May we be among those who ponder. May Allah make us among those whom He favours. May we be able to fulfill the purpose of our lives which is solely to worship Allah. Aameen thumma aameen.

And do not ever forget that Rubaba will always love you fiisabi lil Laah and if you love her for the same reason, then may Allah love you and Rubaba even more. Aameen.

Jazaakumul Laahu khairan always!!!
Islam forever in shaa Allah!!!
Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatul Laah!!!
Rubaba Mmahajia Rahma Sabtiu

No comments: