Quotes

As I grow, I learn and as I learn, I grow
...Towards Becoming a Beautiful Soul

Search This Blog

Sunday 1 December 2013

WHERE ARE THOSE WHO REFUSE THE MARRIAGES OF THESE YOUNG PEOPLE?



Ok, so this issue is gnawing at me this morning and I seem to be reading about people's post on it...

A teenage girl is impregnated (both the guy and her are Muslims). She loses the child at birth. Now, she is pregnant for him again. Funny enough, he also just got married to another lady. No one seems to be bothered. (True Story)

Another case was, a guy impregnates two ladies, one long before the other. Next, he goes to marry the first lady he impregnated (they are all Muslims) and leaves the second one hanging. (True Story)

Yet another case is; a very young girl (barely 13) gets impregnated by a boy in class six. I was just a little older than the girl then. She is still unmarried and her baby is grown. Both of them are Muslims. (True Story)

Yet another case; she was in SHS 3 when a boy in SHS 2 had gotten her pregnant. She could not write her WASSCE. (True Story)

And such issues keep cropping up everyday. So why are we vehemently against the marriages of young sexually vibrant people like these ladies.

I remember listening to Shamima Muslim interview a 16 year old girl whom Great Lamptey Mills had married. The girl had said;

'Let the media leave me alone. What is their concern with my life. This man had married me and he is taking very good care of me when I was so much in need. What will they do if I had gone off doing prostitution or getting pregnant for guys and on the street? Nobody would have even cared about my story. Let everyone leave me alone...'

In my words.

And I remember the great passion with which she had said it. Plus, I agree with her because it was the truth she said. See the situations of the few girls listed above, and there are millions of ladies going through this same situation. We could not tie them down to stop having sexual relations with the guys. Besides, how many ladies and guys are able to hold unto their chastity these days?

Don't we see young people living together almost like husband and wife? The girl cooking, washing, sweeping, and doing all the other things we see married people do? So then what?

So, if you have a sister, would you love to see her in such a situation? If you truly love her, no! Would you love that your brother does that to other people's sisters? Definitely no.

And what will the human right activists do for these girls? They will just tell the guys to take care of their kids giving them some meagre amounts and the next thing we know, they are engulfed in more haraam relationship, giving birth to more children outside of marriage.

But what will agreeing for these girls to marry do? Would you not prefer that they marry and even come back home when they cannot take it anymore instead of live such disgraceful lives?

Well, let your mind ponder...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sad...

jones elizabeth said...

Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks muslim singles